This refreshing pina colada sangria is a fun twist on a true classic! Who does not want to celebrate the summer in a glass? One sip of this Refreshing Pina Colada, and you will feel like you're in the tropics!
If you like pina coladas... and you know the rest. But, seriously, if you do like pina coladas, you will love this sangria. This fruit filled cocktail will make you believe you are sitting by the beach, drinking out of a coconut.
Best part is... this refreshing pina colada sangria is so easy to make! Just a few steps, with easy ingredients, and you are done. Seriously, 5-8 minutes tops! Impress anyone that you are serving this fun cocktail.
This cocktail includes:
- Fresh and/or canned pineapple;
- Maraschino cherries;
- Pineapple juice;
- White wine (we used a sauvignon blanc so it wasn't too sweet);
- Coconut rum (we used Malibu);
- Dark rum (we used Myer's);
- Coconut water;
- Coconut shreds (optional for rim of glasses);
- Plain seltzer.
You can sub coconut flavored seltzer to kick up the coconut flavoring. Also, if you are short on time, make sure to use a lot of ice and chilled wine. Easy and quick solution!
If you do not have all the rum ingredients - no problem. You can easily take out the dark rum from this recipe. I do, however, suggest that if you do not want to buy a whole bottle of dark rum, that you just buy a nip, because it does help smooth out this cocktail.
You should keep this sangria in the fridge and consume it within 2 to 3 days. I do not think, however, that it will last more than one afternoon because it is that good.
My only summer regret is that I did not make this cocktail sooner. But come on, I am still going to wear white pants and sip on this sangria... at least until labor day!
Sip on this refreshing pina colada sangria as a last ode to summer!
Refreshing Pina Colada White Sangria
A refreshing twist on a true classic. This Pina Colada Sangria will make you think you’re on the tropics.
- 1 bottle white wine see above for my comments on what I used
- 2 oz dark rum
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp maraschino cherries plus 1 tbsp of the juice from the container
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- Coconut shreds for garnish on rim
- Ice Ice baby!
- Place all ingredients, other than coconut shreds and ice, in a pitcher (see tips).
- Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Add ice until the pitcher is 5/7 full.
- Garnish your rim with coconut shreds by wetting the top of your glass with pineapple juice (just rub a pineapple chunk on the top) then placing the top of your glass in coconut shreds (place coconut shreds into a bowl to make this easier).
- Pour in sangria, add some more ice, garnish with more cherries and pineapple! Cheers!
- Option to chill for up to 24 hours (do not add ice if you are chilling).
You can use a big bowl as well, or a big pot! (I used to use big soup pots before I got my pitcher, lol!)
Sodium: 50mgCalcium: 35mgVitamin C: 9mgVitamin A: 24IUSugar: 14gFiber: 1gPotassium: 290mgCalories: 206kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 18gIron: 1mg