This Salty Sweet Chocolate Bark will satisfy every craving you may have. This recipe is my go to when I am craving sweets. I actually have to hide them from Gabe, who dislikes dark chocolate, because these Salty Sweet Chocolate Bark are that good!
Do you ever have those cravings where you want to eat everything in your cabinets. I do all the time. I found myself constantly grabbing peanuts, popcorn, dark chocolate chunks and pretzels. After eating a bowl full of these many weeks in a row, I finally decided to make bark that had all of these ingredients.
This was my first time making bark, so I was not too sure how it would come out. But wow, this is so simple! Probably one of the most lax recipes I have ever crafted up.
This bark could not be any easier to make. You melt some dark chocolate, place it on parchment paper and smooth it out. Then you pop on whatever topping you like and freeze it. I made this recipe with the topping I crave and love, but you can totally make it with anything!
For my bark, I added sea salt, kettle corn popcorn, marshmallows, pretzels and peanuts. I told you, basically the pantry is in these bars. I used Angie's kettle corn popcorn and Dandies Marshmellows for specifics!
I wish I had some date caramel sauce to add to this as well, but that is for next time! This bark is like having your own personal chocolate bars on hand! Plus, much cheaper than a chocolate bar. This will be my go to recipe from now, especially since it lasted only four days in my house!
Salty Sweet Chocolate Bark
This sweet salty chocolate bark is the perfect combination of all flavors you can desire. It will curb any sweet tooth you have.
- 3 cups dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons kettle corn popcorn
- 2 tablespoons crushed pretzels.
- Place parchment paper or tinfoil on top of a small baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, until it is melted. You should stir it every 30 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper. It will be approx ¼ inch thick, but you can do thicker – your choice.
- Sprinkle each ingredient throughout the soft chocolate. You may need to push in the marshmallows and peanuts a little bit to ensure they stick. I tried to make sure each bite would have every single ingredient.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge!
Sodium: 400mgCalcium: 40mgVitamin A: 20IUSugar: 14gFiber: 6gPotassium: 398mgCholesterol: 2mgCalories: 367kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 14gFat: 25gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 32gIron: 7mg