Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
Enjoy this easy homemade Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup within 20 minutes. Made with 5 simple ingredients, including real pumpkin puree and warm fall spices, use this simple syrup in cocktails, coffee and so much more.
Place a small to medium size sauce pan over medium low heat, and place all ingredients into the sauce pan.
Mix the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
Once all the sugars have dissolved, remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Strain the mixture over a container to remove any chunks of pumpkin puree left over.
Store in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you prefer a stronger fall spice flavor, increase the cinnamon and nutmeg to 1 tsp each.
- You can swap granulated sugar for a sugar alternative, such as monk fruit. Be sure it is granulated though.
- I used Libby's brand for the pumpkin puree, but any pumpkin puree will work for this recipe.
- If you do not have nutmeg, allspice will work well in its place.
- If you are using a small strainer, you may need to strain the mixture in parts, dumping any pumpkin puree that is left on the top of the strainer.
- Coffee, Iced Teas + Lattes. Skip the drive to Starbucks or your local coffee shop and enjoy a pumpkin spice flavored coffee at home. This syrup works well in lattes and coffee - all you have to do is add ½ tbsp up to 2 tbsps. I personally love using it in my oat milk iced latte in the fall for a little pick me up.
- Cocktails. Use this delicious pumpkin spice simple syrup in your favorite classic cocktails! I I love using it in my pumpkin espresso cocktail, new old fashion, and this texas mule.
- Pumpkin Creamer. Mix 1 tbsp of simple syrup with 3 tbsp of oat milk to make your own pumpkin spice dairy free creamer.
- Pancakes + Waffles. If you are a fan of adding maple syrup to your pancakes or waffles, swap this syrup for it! It will immediately heighten the experience and make the dish scream "fall."
- Chia Pudding + Overnight Oats - Make your breakfast on-the-go breakfast taste just like fall by mixing 1 tbsp of this syrup into the mixture before placing it in the fridge overnight. I love doing this with my simple overnight oats.
- Hot Chocolate. Is there anything better than a delicious mug of hot cocoa in the fall? Add a pumpkin spice taste to it by stirring in this syrup.
- Milkshakes + Smoothies. This is a wonderful addition to a vanilla milkshake or a fall themed smoothie!