Maple Pecan Vegan Donuts are a delightful fall treat. The maple provides a wonderful warmth, while the pecan adds a nutty crunch to it. There is also a sticky maple glaze on top to truly tie it all together.
While fall usually screams apple cinnamon or pumpkin spice, sometimes you need a break from the usual fall flavors. Cue maple, pecans and donuts. These donuts are the perfect fall treat if you want something light, yet sweet. Accompanying them with a warm cup of coffee, or perhaps of pumpkin spice latte, would make them the ultimate breakfast treat.
Donuts are very special to me, as they always remind me of my grandmother. She was a true donut lover. I don't think I know anyone who loved them as much as her. She would buy a dozen donuts just for 3 people (then force us to eat them). So making these donuts is a fun way to keep her spirit alive. I know she would love this flavor, as she used to live in Vermont for part of the year.
The donuts are extremely easy to make, and include simple ingredients. They have a less than ten minute prep time a quick bake time of approx 18 minutes. Most of the ingredients you can find in your refrigerator or pantry.
You do need a donut tray though! I recently bought a donut baking tray from Amazon - which you can find here. This tray is phenomenal by the way! It makes it super easy to pop them right out. But do know, it makes mini donuts. About the size of a lemon! Which, for me, is perfect, but if you want bigger ones, size up. Plus side, it is pretty cheap and comes with three trays.
If you are searching for a summer vibe donut because you can't give up those summer flavors yet, click here for my blueberry lemon donut recipe!
Maple Pecan Vegan Donuts
Maple Pecan Vegan Donuts are a delightful fall treat. The maple provides a wonderful warmth, while the pecan adds a nutty crunch.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup and 1 tbsp
- ¼ cup almond milk and 1 tbsp
- 3 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 3 tbsp diced pecans
- 2 tbsp vegan butter melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup confectionery sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp pecans
- ½ tbsp vegan butter melted
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients, other than pecans, and whisk.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all your wet ingredients and whisk.
- Slowly mix your wet ingredients into your dry until they are well combined.
- Slowly fold in your pecans.
- Grease your donut tray well. Fill each tray evenly, with the mixture coming right to the top of the mold.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick within the donut and it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes prior to frosting.
- While donuts are cooling off, preheat your oven to 300 degrees f. (although, it should already be warm).
- Toss pecans with butter, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Place on sheet pan and cook for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Set aside until the donuts are frosted then sprinkle the pecans on top while frosting is wet.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl until smooth (it will be thick but drippy).
- To frost donuts, dip them into the frosting face down then pull up and place on cooling rack. See tip.
Place cooling rack over sink so the frosting drips directly into the sink.
Calories: 299kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 3gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 262mgPotassium: 136mgFiber: 2gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 497IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 102mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Follow Me on IG@ChelseaPeachtree