Vampire Vanilla Vegan Donuts are the cutest, spookiest treat for the Halloween holiday. They take under 30 minutes to make, are extremely moist and are packed full of sweet vanilla taste! They will make any kid, or adult, grin from ear to ear when they see (and eat) them!
Vampire Vanilla Vegan Donuts
It is no secret love donuts. I also love love love Halloween! So, I without a doubt needed to create a spooky Halloween donut.
This past spring I saw a very cute bunny donut and it made me think - what spooky face can I do? I brainstormed about doing a spooky chocolate one to look like a spider, and I still may, but I did not really want to do a chocolate donut due to the million other chocolate treats I make for Halloween.
Then it hit me - I need to do a vampire donut! Who does not love a vampire in the Halloween? So, I bought some cheap vampire fangs from Target, some googly eyes, and some red and black icing. Which, if you need to learn how to make fake blood - check this recipe out.
Ingredients for Vanilla Vampire Vegan Donuts
The ingredients for this recipe are very straight forward. If you do not have maple syrup, you can swap it for sugar. I like to make treats that are as refined sugar free as possible due to the sugary glaze I add.
This recipe also called for vanilla bean paste. This helps strengthen the vanilla taste. You can sub it out for vanilla extract though!
You will need fake plastic fangs, eyes, and red and black icing! I found all at Target.
Materials You Will Need
You do need a donut tray ! I recently bought a donut baking tray from Amazon - which you can find here. This tray is phenomenal by the way! It makes it super easy to pop them right out. But do know, it makes mini donuts. About the size of a lemon. Which, for me, is perfect, but if you want bigger ones, size up. Plus side, it is pretty cheap and comes with three trays.
Making and Baking the Donuts
It is super easy to make and bake these donuts. It is a simple recipe of mix dry, mix wet, mix together and boom, you are done. Then you fill up the donut tray and bake for 10-12 minutes! Once the donuts are done baking, they cool then you dip them in the icing to frost. Pop on some googly eyes, let them dry some more and decorate with the fangs and icing! I did have to cut these fangs to make them fit. I also am not an artist when it comes to icing.
Did you make this recipe?
I am so delighted you did! Please leave me a review below and tag me on social media (@peachhtreee). This encourages me for the future and helps me better provide you!
Vampire Vanilla Vegan Donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup and 1 tbsp
- ¼ cup almond milk and 1 tbsp
- 3 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and whisk.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all your wet ingredients and whisk.
- Slowly mix your wet ingredients into your dry until they are well combined.
- Grease your donut tray well. Fill each tray evenly, with the mixture coming right to the top of the mold.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick within the donut and it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes prior to frosting.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl until smooth (it will be thick but drippy).
- To frost donuts, dip them into the frosting face down then pull up and place on cooling rack. See tip.
- While they are still drying, place eyeballs on them so they stick. Once dry, place fangs in middle and shove them slightly in the donut to stay (if you are making small donuts, you will need to cut the fangs). Ice on the blood from the fang area and then ice on the black hair.
Leave a Reply