Vegan S'mores Cookies are the best thing since sliced bread. They bring you the campfire taste, without the fear of burning your marshmallow or dripping chocolate all over. These cookies are extremely easy to make and are a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Vegan S'mores Cookies Inspo
Did you know that S'more is a contraction of the phrase "some more". S'mores appeared in a cookbook in the early 1920s, where it was called a "Graham Cracker Sandwich." I did not know this either, but thanks to Wikipedia, I now do.
I made these cookies due to the aggressive amount of vegan Dandie's marshmallows I had left over from my Sweet & Salty Chocolate Bark recipe. I am sure I could think of a million other ways to use them, but I wanted to use them in something I crave.. which is S'mores. With no fires pits anywhere in site in downtown Stamford, I needed to figure out a way I could get my S'mores craving without the fire -- viola, Vegan S'mores cookies.
Ingredients in Vegan S'mores Cookies
Flour. I used regular white flour, so I am unsure how others would work out. I am sure wheat flour would be fine.
Brown Sugar. I tried my best not to use too much refined sugar in this recipe given that there are marshmallows and chocolate chunks in it. However, there needed to be some. You can sub this for coconut sugar.
Maple Syrup. I added maple syrup to cut out some of the refined sugar.
Graham Crackers. Make sure you find vegan ones! A lot are made with honey. Nabiscos is vegan friendly.
Plant based milk. I used plain, unsweetened almond milk. You may use vanilla or sweetened, but be away that it will sweeten up the cookies some.
Marshmallows. I used Dandies! I am unaware of other vegan ones.
Chocolate chunks. I chopped up a dark chocolate bar. You may use dark chocolate chips too!
Vanilla Bean Paste. This added such a lovely taste to the cookie. You may sub this for regular vanilla extract.
Coconut Oil. You can sub vegan butter for this!
Making the Cookies
Guys, if you are here, you know my recipes are EASY. This one is just like the others - mix wets, mix dries then mix together! Fold in the hard stuff like the chocolate chunks, graham crackers an marshmallows.
The only catch with this one is you need to smash some of the graham crackers. I used a food processor for this, but you can def place them in a bag and smash them with whatever you have - a hammer or cutting board works well.
The cookies bake for 13 minutes! Thats all. It is a very simple recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
I am so happy that you did! Thank you! Please leave me a review below and tag me on social media (@peachhtreee). This encourages me and helps me improve in the future!
Vegan S'mores Cookies
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup graham crackers crushed finely (approx 3 crackers)
- 4 tbsp. graham crackers roughly chopped
- ½ cup marshmallows
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp plant based milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease a baking sheet).
- Ground your graham crackers in a food processor, or smash them within a bag. ¼ cup should be approx 3 crackers.
- Mix all dry ingredients, other than marshmallows, chocolate chunks and chunks of graham cracker, in a large bowl.
- Mix together your wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour your wet into your dry and whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in your chocolate, then your chunky graham crackers then your marshmallows. Some of these may pop out a little, but thats okay!
- Roll the dough into eight even balls. If any of the larger ingredients fall out, simply press them back in!
- Bake for 13 minutes. They may appear soft when removing them from the oven, but they will harden up.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge!