Craving chocolate chip cookies, but short on time? This edible dairy free cookie dough is made with just 7 pantry staple ingredients and is ready in less than 5 minutes. Skip the baking and dive right in. Perfect for busy weeknights or to bring with you on the go!
I love making this cookie dough in the summertime when I do not want to turn my oven on. It is simple to make and does not skimp on flavor. Its quick, simple and cures my sweet tooth. Whether you are vegan, lactose intolerant or looking for an allergy friendly school snack, this dessert recipe is a fun sweet treat!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy to make - Have this delicious treat ready in 5 minutes or less. If you enjoy other quick desserts, try my pumpkin cookie dough, my no bake peanut butter bliss balls and my creamy vegan fruit dip.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie taste without the time! This vegan edible cookie dough has all the taste of a baked chocolate chip cookie but is ready in ¼ of the time!
- Perfect for meal prep! This dairy free edible cookie dough will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Because there are no eggs or butter, you can store in a lunch box to eat during the day. Make a batch in on Sunday and enjoy it throughout the week.
- Easy to double. If you need enough cookie dough to feed multiple mouths, this recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, even quadrupled as needed.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Flour - This edible cookie dough can be made with either all-purpose flour or a gluten-free flour blend such as Bob's Red Mill 1-1 gluten free flour blend. I have not tested any other flour type.
- Chocolate chips - I like to make these with dairy free dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. You can also use mini chips if you want them more disbursed. The brand Enjoy Life makes allergen friendly, vegan chocolate chips that you should be able to find at your local grocery store.
- Coconut oil - This vegan edible cookie dough does not use butter, and uses coconut oil instead. The coconut oil allows the cookie dough to take shape. Use a liquid coconut oil or a hard coconut oil that is melted in the microwave is perfect.
- Maple Syrup- A natural sweetener that perfectly sweetens this cookie dough. Use real maple syrup for the best flavor.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Add ingredients to a bowl. Add the flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and drippy nut butter to a bowl to a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well until a dough forms. It may take up to 1 minute of mixing for the dough to come together.
Step 2. Add in the chocolate chips. Using a spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the batter until they are equally distributed.
This vegan edible cookie dough will stay fresh in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Because there is coconut oil in the dough, it may harden when chilled. If this happens, let it sit on a counter top for up to 5 minutes to soften before consuming.
While traditional edible cookie dough does have dairy in it, this version does not. It used coconut oil, nut butter as the binder for the recipe.
Most traditional cookie dough contains dairy butter and dairy chocolate chips. This version, however, does not contain any dairy and animal byproduct and is vegan.
Because there is coconut oil in the dough, it may harden when chilled. If this happens, let it sit on a counter top for up to 5 minutes to soften before consuming.
- Allow chilled cookie dough to warm up. If you store this cookie dough in the refrigerator, allow it to "warm up" on the counter top for 5 minutes before consuming it. This will allow for the best, smooth texture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Fold in the chocolate chips will enable them to be evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough, allowing for each bite to have a chip!
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Edible Dairy Free Cookie Dough
- ¾ C all purpose flour
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp nut butter drippy
- 2 pinches salt
- ⅓ vegan chocolate chips
- Add the flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and drippy nut butter to a bowl to a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well until a dough forms. It may take up to 1 minute of mixing for the dough to come together.
- Using a spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the batter until they are equally distributed.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Leave a Reply