This Kicked Up Grapefruit Rosemary Seltzer is perfect for anytime of the year. It is light, refreshing and delicious! This kicked up grapefruit seltzer transforms regular spiked seltzer into a delightful cocktail by enhancing its flavor and making its boozier. Plus, it is super easy to make and looks pretty, so there's that!
I think it is safe to say, millennial love spiked seltzers. Over the past few years there have been multiple new spiked seltzers to hit the market. White Claw, Truly, Bon Viv, and so on. Even the big players, like Budweiser, have thrown their hat into the ring.
It is absolutely my go to as well. Yes, beer and wine are great, but spiked seltzer takes the cake. So, after drinking it often, I tend to get bored with it. I wanted to do something to kick it up a notch, make it a little boozier, a little more flavor, but making sure it did not lose the crispness or lightness.
So, I set off on a journey to figure out how to amp this favorite up a little. First, I wanted to figure out what everyone's go to flavor was. It was a battle between grapefruit and black cherry, but in the end, grapefruit won. Thank you to all of those who voted on instagram (and if you are not following me - click here to do so! I also post the cocktails ingredients the Wednesday before so you can drink with me on Fridays.)
Once I figured out the flavor, I then needed to figure out the best liquor to add to it that would not ruin its flavor. That was easy, it is vodka.
Next was what juice do I want to add to this? I really did not want to go with the easy thought of grapefruit, but after testing out a few recipes with lemon and limes (which were both great), it was clear that the best way to enhance the flavor of grapefruit spiked seltzer was to add fresh grapefruit juice.
But there was something missing.. Something else that needed to be added. Was it mint? No, that made it taste too much like a breath mint. I also tried basil, but still, not there. Then it hit me - rosemary! Rosemary was the perfect.
So I added the vodka, grapefruit juice and rosemary to my seltzer and, I can't believe I am saying this, it got a little too boozy! I wanted to kick it up, but not get knocked down after one drink. So, I needed to add something to lighten it up a little bit.
Well, that was easy. Non spiked seltzer. But what flavor? It needed to be something that would not mess with the integrity of the drink. I tried plain, which was wonderful. I tried grapefruit, which also tasted great! Then I tried ginger, which was out of this world! So, this recipe calls for one of the three flavors, your choice.
This drink is perfect if you are beach side, pool side, campfire side, pretty much anywhere! So, let's get to making this boozy delight.
Kicked Up Grapefruit Rosemary Vodka Seltzer
- 3 Grapefruit Spiked Selzters I used White Claw
- 4 oz vodka I used Titos
- 2 rosemary sprigs plus 3 more for garnish
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice from a grapefruit*
- 4-5 cans non-spiked seltzer you may use plain, grapefruit or ginger.
- 5 Grapefruit slices plus more for garnish***
- Pour the Spiked Seltzer into a large pitcher.
- Add in your vodka and grapefruit juice and stir.
- Add the rosemary and grapefruit slices, and gently stir.
- Let chill in the fridge for 5 minutes so the flavors enhance.
- Once it is done chilling, add in 2 cans of non-spiked seltzer.
- Add ice to whatever size glass you desire, pour ¾ of of the way with the cocktail mixture, top it off with the non-spiked seltzer. Garnish with rosemary sprig and grapefruit slice or wedge!
**Not required, but makes it tastier!