Spicy Vegan Buffalo Sauce is not for the faint of heart! It will truly knock your socks off and make you sweat a little.
Did you know that most buffalo sauces contain butter? Gross if you are a vegan or trying to live a diary free life. To be honest, I did not know this. I mean, who would even think of this? Butter in sauce?! But nothing should surprise us anymore.
Once I discovered this, I wanted to make my own. My goal was to make it a little spicier than normal buffalo sauce because I love spice. Well, my goal was accomplished because this sauce is hot, hot, hot! This sauce will leave you feeling sweaty after biting into it.
This spicy vegan buffalo sauce recipe is extremely easy to make! It will take you less time to make than to go to the store. Plus, you can control your spice level.
It calls for:
- Hot pepper sauce (I used Tabasco);
- ½ tsp of vegan Worcester sauce (see my notes below);
- Vegan butter (I used Earth Balance);
- Smoked paprika;
- White vinegar; and
- Garlic Salt.
I did not have vegan Worcester sauce so I bounced around the internet to find a recipe. My search lead me to use a recipe from Karissa's Kitchen - link here. I did, however, scale it back by ¼ because I knew I did not need a lot of it for my vegan buffalo cauliflower dip.
After making her sauce (which is super easy, btw) I started off to make my sauce. One tip - do not breathe this in while cooking! For this recipe, you basically mix all the ingredients together in a pot, cook it for a little bit, then you are done! Easy!
I made a small amount of this sauce because I needed it for my cauliflower buffalo dip. So, if you want more than just ½ cup of this sauce, double up on the recipe.
Spicy Vegan Buffalo Sauce
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce Use 2 if you do not want a lot of spice
- ½ tsp vegan Worcester sauce see my notes above.
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- Place all ingredients together in a sauce pan and stir.
- Heat over medium to low heat.
- Once it starts to simmer, take off from the heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Store in an air tight jar in the fridge.