This make at home Caramel Apple Mule is the perfect drink for fall. Made with sweet apple cider, spicy ginger beer, caramel vodka and fresh lime juice, it tastes like a bartender made it. This refreshing cocktail is ready in less than 3 minutes.
I absolutely love celebrating with seasonal cocktails. It is the best way to truly taste the flavors of the season, while having a fun time. I live in New England, so we take the fall very seriously.
Check out out my whole section of make at home cocktails for your next celebration!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Quick + Easy. Making this cocktail couldn't be any simpler. All you need is 4 ingredients, one mixer glass, two glasses and less than 3 minutes.
- Great for celebrating. Impress your friends with this easy to make caramel apple mule by adding fun garnishes. Because it takes less than 3 minutes to make, it is the perfect cocktail for a gathering.
- Easy to double or triple the recipe. If you are with a larger group or simply want to have extra so you do not need to make multiple cocktails in one night, double or triple the recipe!
Caramel Vodka. Caramel, traditionally, is not vegan, due to the butter used when making it. Therefore, many caramel vodkas are not vegan friendly. I recommend using Van Gogh Dutch Caramel, which is vegan.
Apple Cider. Any apple cider will work for this recipe. I personally like Red Jacket or Trader Joe's. You can also make your own apple cider, but be sure to cool it first.
Ginger Beer. This gives the drink its burst of flavor and makes it fresh. You can find ginger beer at your local grocery store, and at most liquor stores. I personally like Gosling or Q Mixer. There are also light ginger beer, which is lighter, lower calorie option, that can also be used in this cocktail.
Apples + Cinnamon Sticks. I use apple slices and cinnamon sticks as a garnish for this recipe. Any type of apple works. These garnishes are completely optional.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Add the caramel vodka, apple cider and lime juice in a shaker glass. If you do not have a shaker glass, a mason jar or glass work just all. Mix to combine ingredients.
- Add ice to your glass of choice, whether it is a traditional moscow mule mug or any other cocktail glass you prefer. Fill it to just below the rim.
- Pour the cocktail over the ice. Pouring the cocktail over the ice will allow it to cool.
- Fill the glass to the brim with ginger beer. The ginger beer is carbonated, so pour gently.
- Mix. Mix the ginger beer with the apple cider mixture and ice until the two are combined, about 15-30 seconds.
- Garnish the cocktail. While you absolutely do not need to add a garnish to this cocktail re, you can garnish the glass with apple slices, lime slices and/or cinnamon sticks. You may also sprinkle cinnamon on top or drizzle more caramel.
No, many caramel vodkas contain dairy. Stoli salted caramel is not vegan, and Smirnoff caramel is not confirmed vegan. Van Gogh caramel vodka is vegan. Be sure to do research before heading to the store.
A moscow mule is a refreshing cocktail. Traditionally, it is made with vodka, lime juice and ginger beer. It is a combination of spicy, sweet, and strong. It is perfect for a warm day.
The copper mug does not change the taste, but it does keep it cold for a longer period of time. You can find copper moscow mule mugs on Amazon.
While traditionally moscow mules are served in a copper mug, that is not necessary. You can use any glass you like, but a mule mug will keep the drink cold for a longer period of time.
- Adjust alcohol level. If you are low alcohol or no alcohol, you can make this cocktail without the caramel vodka. If you do omit the caramel vodka, I recommend adding vegan caramel sauce before mixing the cocktail to ensure a caramel taste. You can also use a different spirit, such as rum or gin.
- Add your favorite garnish! I love adding fun garnishes to my cocktails to make them look extra fancy. Adding apple slices, lime slices, cinnamon sticks, a drizzle of caramel or warm spices can make this caramel apple mule so fun!
MORE APPLE RECIPES
Apple Cider Moscow Mules
- 3 oz Caramel Vodka, vegan Van Gogh
- 2 cans Ginger Beer
- ¾ cup Apple Cider
- 1 ½ tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Place the apple cider, caramel vodka and lime juice into a shaker or large bowl and stir well.
- Fill two moscow mule mugs or your glass choice with ice and pour in the cider mixture until the mug is half full.
- Pour the ginger beer into the glass, until it almost reaches the top of the glass.
- Mix to combine the ginger beer and apple cider mixture.
- Garnish with a variety of things, such as: cinnamon sticks, lime wedges, apple slices, drizzled caramel.
- Serve immediately.
- The cocktail is best served right away due to the ginger beer, which is carbonated. If you need to prep it ahead of time, I suggest mixing the apple cider, lime juice and vodka then waiting to add the ginger beer and ice until you are ready to drink it.
- Van Gogh vodka is one of the only vegan caramel vodkas. Be sure to research your caramel vodka before buying. You can always use regular vodka, and add caramel vegan syrup.
- If you cannot find or use apple cider, apple juice my be used it its place. You may, however, want to add fall spices, such as cinnamon, cloves and allspice to make it feel more festive.
- Adjust the ABV level by omitting or reducing the amount of vodka.