Strawberry Champagne Vegan Cupcakes made with soft and moist strawberry champagne cakes and topped with a sweet and sparkling champagne infused buttercream frosting. They are the perfect treat for any celebration. These easy to make sparkling champagne cupcakes take under 45 minutes to make and bake.
I originally made these cupcakes for Prosecco Day back in August. Funny thing is, I accidentally used champagne instead of prosecco when baking them. Rest assured, I have now used rosé, champagne and prosecco in this recipe and they all work well.
This was one of my first recipes I have ever made with booze in it, and I cannot seem to stop since. I have made drunken apple hand pies, maple bourbon cupcakes, chocolate bourbon cupcakes, and I am sure other things that I just cannot think of at this time.
I am not super into baking unless its an easier cookie recipe or a donut recipe, so cupcakes were not really ever my jam prior to me making them boozy. If you guys are here, you probably know by now I like quick recipes, so the thought of having to do an EXTRA step after baking the cupcakes (the frosting) was such an annoyance for me.
Therefore, I set out to make my own easier, boozier cupcake. These Strawberry Champagne Vegan Cupcakes are such a breeze to make! They take under 45 minutes total (with prep and baking time... as well as frosting) and use easy to find ingredients.
I feel like I’ve been preparing to make these champagne cupcakes for years! Gabe and I prefer Prosecco & Champagne over anything else, including wine and beer, and drink it 80% of the time we are out (and in). It’s actually funny because every waiter or waitress always thinks we are celebrating something! Nope, just celebrating life!
So, lets make these soft, moist and tasty Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes.
Why You Should Make Strawberry Champagne Vegan Cupcakes
Simple- This champagne cupcake recipe is SO simple. Even someone who hates baking (aka me) could make this recipe without getting aggravated.
Soft & Moist - The texture of these cupcakes is to die for. They are so soft, so moist, an absolute dream come true!
Tasty - These pink champagne cupcakes have such an amazing taste! The champagne harmonizes well with the fresh strawberry and the buttery goodness of the cake!
Ingredients for Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes
The ingredients are simple for this recipe, so I will not go into much detail for them. To make these strawberry champagne vegan cupcakes, you will need the following ingredients: flour; sugar; baking soda; salt; brown sugar; corn starch; plant based milk; vanilla extract; vegan butter; champagne*; lemon juice; and strawberries.
See my FAQ concerning any substitutions for this recipe!
*You may sub prosecco or rosé at a 1-1 ratio.
Steps to Make Champagne Cupcakes
The steps are straight forward and simple for this recipe, so I will not go into too much explanation.
The most important thing you must do is curdle your milk! You do by placing the lemon in the plant based milk. The acid of the lemon causes the curdling. This ensures the fluffiness of the cupcakes. The curdled milk takes the place of the buttermilk that is usually in recipes.
Another important step is placing the strawberry in the middle of the cupcake and pushing it down so it is all the way to the bottom of the cupcake, almost until it hits the cupcake liner. If you keep it towards the top, it will rise with the cupcake and possible be oddly placed. Solely dropping the strawberry in will not work.
FAQ Concerning Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes
Yes! I have tested this recipe with both prosecco and rose, and it works well with both.
No. They inside will be mushy. Fresh work the best.
Raspberries work very well in this recipe.
While the champagne in the cupcake itself will bake off, the frosting still has a small amount of champagne, so I advise against it.
Strawberry Champagne Vegan Cupcakes
Strawberry Champagne Vegan Cupcakes
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅘ cup champagne sub 1-1 with prosecco or rosé
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup strawberries cut into ¼
Strawberry Champagne Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup soft butter
- 3 cups confectionary sugar
- 2 tbsp champagne
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tray with liners.
- Mix the juice from your lemon and plant based milk together in a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside for ten minutes to allow it to curdle (see pictures within steps section for picture of curdled milk).
- While you wait, combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until they are well combines. Please note, strawberries are not “dry” nor are they “wet” and are to be added at the end.
- Once the plant based milk has curdled, add in all the wet ingredients and mix.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until they are fully combined and a semi-thick batter forms.
- Scoop the batter evenly into your cupcake liners (approx 2 tbsp).
- Insert a strawberry half into the bottom of your cupcake by placing it on the top of the raw cupcake and pushing it down.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until you are able to insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes then frost!
- Strawberry Champagne Buttercream Frosting
- Beat butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in champagne and beat again.
- Slowly add confectionary sugar and mix until smooth.
Did You Make These Cupcakes ?
Thank you so much! Please leave me a review on your experience. This not only helps me improve the recipe, but encourages me for the future. Do not forget to tag me on social media too!