Vegan pumpkin protein muffins will be your new favorite treat! They are easy to make, in with the season and packed full of protein. Plus, they have a wonderful protein cream cheese frosting.
Since the summer is passing, I wanted to create another seasonal protein muffin to snack on. So, I went with the classic - pumpkin. I added walnuts and all the fall spices, such as nutmeg, cinnamon and all spice, to leave nothing left to be desired. These Vegan Pumpkin Protein Muffins are perfect for the fall.
Whether you are lifting weights this season and desire to add a little more fun protein into your diet, or you simply just want a snack that will fill you up more than the regular muffin, these are perfect for you. I eat them as breakfast, a snack and even dessert.
I used Livbody Vanilla Cake Protein Powder for these. It added a nice flavor to the muffins. You can, however, use any protein you like. I think even a chocolate protein powder would be good for these and would make them super rich and tasty. I do love how pumpkin and chocolate pair together!
I also used Libby's pumpkin puree, but you can certainly use any brand! I actually had this one left over from last season.
As I stated earlier, even the frosting has protein in it, which is why I added it! Of course, it is completely optional and the muffins are tasty without it as well. I used Tofutti cream cheese for the frosting.
This recipe takes under an hour to prep and make! Plus, it uses easy to find ingredients and you do not need a lot of equipment. You just mix the dry, then the wet, combine both, fold in walnuts then bake! Could not be any simpler to make these tasty treats.
Vegan Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Pumpkin Protein Muffin Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp protein body I used a vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted (you can sub canola oil)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
Vegan Cream Cheese Protein Frosting
- 6 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp protein powder I used vanilla
- 6 tbsp vegan whipped cream I used Whole Foods 365 Brand
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line your cupcake tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients, other than the pecans, until they are well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and continue to stir until they are combined.
- Gently fold in the pecans into the mixture until they are well dispersed.
- Fill each muffin liner with the mixture. I filled mine with approx 2 ½ tbsp.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until you are able to insert a toothpick and remove it cleanly.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then frost. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Place all ingredients into a medium size bowl and whisk vigorously (or use a hand mixer). Frost cupcakes!