This creamy biscoff cocktail is cozy, full of flavor and only takes 5 minutes to make. It is rich, velvety, and a great way to satisfy your sweet craving. This vegan dessert cocktail is perfect for hosting, a night cap or snuggled up next to the fire.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Quick + Easy. Craving dessert, but short on time? This creamy cookie butter cocktail tastes just like a dessert, but in liquid form. No need to turn on your oven to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Can be made alcohol free. Taking a break from alcohol or do the little ones want to join in on the action? Simply omit the alcohol and add an extra 4 oz of almond milk to make this dessert cocktail virgin for all to enjoy.
- Perfect for Christmas or Valentine's Day. Because this cocktail is super cozy, it is perfect for the colder holidays. If you want to make it for a crowd, just double or triple the ingredients.
Lotus Biscoff Spread. Lotus biscoff Biscoff cookie butter is a spreadable butter made from the popular Biscoff cookies and is naturally vegan! Amazon, as well as most larger grocery stores, carry biscoff spread, but if you cannot find it in stores, try substituting it with Trader Joe's cookie butter. Use up the rest of your biscoff spread by making my Biscoff Brownies or my Biscoff Cookies.
Baileys. Bailey's is the base of this cocktail and gives it is creamy taste. To keep it vegan, I used Bailey's Almande. If you are not vegan or dairy free, regular Baileys will also work well.
Brown Sugar. Brown sugar adds a warm, sweetness for this cocktail. I do not recommend substituting it with regular sugar.
Cinnamon and Allspice. These two spices play on the cookie butter taste and maximize it. If you do not have allspice, I recommend using cinnamon in its place.
Plant based milk - I use plain almond milk or plain oat milk. Oat milk does provide a creamier taste to it. If you use vanilla flavored plant based milk, you may need to reduce the added sugar, as it may be too sweet.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
This dairy free dessert cocktail is simple to make.
Step 1: Gently heat the cookie butter on the stove top or in the microwave until it is melted. Given the ingredients within the cookie butter, it can burn easily, so start with low heat.
Step 2: Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake.
Step 3: Add ice into a glass then pour the cocktail over ice.
Step 4: Garnish the lotus biscoff cocktail with a biscoff cookie or melted biscoff spread!
This drink is best served immediately. If you do need to store this drink, I would only recommend storing it in the fridge - without ice- for 30 minutes. Shake well before pouring it into the cup.
Biscoff butter is similar to the consistency of peanut butter or nutella, but tastes like the biscoff cookie biscuits. It's sweet, has a caramel like flavor and is lightly spiced. Some people liken biscoff biscuits to the flavor of gingerbread cookies, but with a more mild spice.
Rum usually does not contain any dairy or non vegan ingredients. However, some brands are not considered a vegan product because the sugar refining process. I use Myer's Dark rum, which is vegan.
Your biscoff could have hardened up in the shaker f the other ingredients were very cold. For best results, use room temperature ingredients.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Gently heat the biscoff spread. The biscoff spread will burn easily if heated too quickly, so start with a low heat. I recommend microwaving it for 20 second bursts until it is melted.
- Use oat milk for creamier cocktail. If you enjoy a truly creamy cocktail, oat milk will be the perfect base for this!
- Mix well. Because of the spices and sugars, this cocktail can be chunky if it is not mixed well! Be sure to mix for 30 seconds to ensure everything breaks down.
MORE VEGAN DESSERTS YOU MAY LIKE
Creamy Cookie Butter (Lotus Biscoff) Cocktail
- 2-3 tbsp cookie butter / lotus biscoff start with 2 +add to your taste
- 3 oz Bailey Almande
- .75 oz vodka
- .75 oz dark rum
- 3 oz plant based milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Melt cookie butter in a microwave or stove top. Start slowly, as it burns easily. I recommend microwaving it at 20 second burts.
- Pour melted cookie butter and all additional ingredients, other than the ice, into a shaker and shake well. If you do not have a shaker, whisk the mixture in a bowl or place all ingredients into a mason jar, tighten the lid and shake.
- Once the drink is mixed, it is optional to drizzle melted cookie butter into the sides of the glasses.
- Add ice to the top of the glass and pour mixture into glass. Cheers!
- Optional to garnish with more melted biscoff spread, a cinnamon stick or a biscoff cookie!
STORINGThis drink is best served immediately. If you do need to store this drink, I would only recommend storing it in the fridge - without ice- for 30 minutes. Shake well before pouring it into the cup.