This iced strawberry latte is sweet, creamy and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. Made with strawberry syrup, real strawberries, espresso and your choice of milk, this latte could not be any easier to make on a hot day! All you need is five minutes and four ingredients to make it.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy recipe to make. This amazing drink takes under five minutes to make and uses simple ingredients. You can have it in less time than it takes to make toast! If you like making latte recipes at home, try my oat milk latte or my matcha latte!
- Customizable. This delicious recipe is extremely customizable. You can adjust the amount of simple syrup added to it based on your taste buds.
- Cute to look at! In today's age, I would be lying if an aesthetic of a drink did not matter. Say hello to your new pink drink! This drink is extremely cute, with its pink, brown and white layer. Make it for Mother's day, Valentine's Day or if you just want some extra color in your life!
INGREDIENT NOTES AND SUBSTITUTES
Strawberry Simple Syrup. Whether you like to make your own homemade strawberry syrup or you use a store-bought one, this is the best way to add the strawberry taste to this delicious drink! Because the simple syrup has sugar in it, there is no need to add any extra sugar. If you prefer your lattes very sweet, you can add your sweetener of choice in addition to the simple syrup.
Cold Milk. Use your favorite creamy milk for this recipe. If you prefer using non-dairy milks, I recommend oat milk or coconut milk because they are the creamiest. I find soy milk and almond milk, unless using a barista blend, are not as creamy. However, any kind of milk will work for this coffee based drink. If you are not diary free, I recommend whole milk.
Fresh Strawberries. Fresh strawberries are necessarily required for this recipe, but I love adding them for a cute look and fruity taste. I muddle them to make strawberry puree and add it to the bottom to make this iced latte extra cute! If you only have frozen strawberries, allow them to thaw then remove any excess water before muddling them for this coffee recipe.
Espresso. An espresso shot adds the caffeine kick to this iced strawberry latte recipe. I used blonde espresso because that is what I had on hand, but any espresso will work. You can also use a shot of strong brewed coffee. If you prefer a very strong later, add two espresso shots instead one one.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Brew the espresso. No special equipment is necessary for this. If you have an espresso machine, use that. If not, you can simple use a stove top espresso maker.
Step 2. Make the puree (optional step). While you wait for the espresso to brew, slice then muddle or mash the strawberries to make strawberry purée. You can use a muddler or a the back of a wooden spoon. Mash to your liking, or until they are 75% broken down.
Step 3. Make the latte. Add the fresh strawberry sauce to the bottom of a serving glass then add in ice then milk of choice and the strawberry simple syrup. Top with a shot of espresso! You can also garnish with a fresh strawberry, a drizzle of white chocolate or whipped cream. Because this is an iced drink, there is no need to froth the milk.
This refreshing drink is best served immediately due to the ice. If you need to store the rest of the drink, remove the ice and place it in the fridge for up to 2 hours. If you leave the ice, it will water it down.
TIME SAVING HACKS
If you want to save on time, make the espresso and fresh strawberry puree a head of time. Store the strawberry mixture in separate airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Store the espresso in a glass container, like a mason jar, and also place it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then, when you are ready to make the drink, pull them out! Give the espresso a shake before using it.
Yes! To make this a hot strawberry latte, gently heat the milk in a sauce pan or in the microwave until it is warmed. Then, add in the simple syrup and froth. Then add in the espresso.
Yes, you can! Mix ½ tbsp of matcha with 2 tbsp of water then add into the latte and mix!
- Adjust to your personal preferences. If you prefer a sweeter drink, add an extra tbsp of strawberry simple syrup!
MORE COFFEE RECIPES
Easy and Refreshing Iced Strawberry Latte Recipe
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 tbsp strawberry simple syrup*
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 3-4 strawberries, sliced optional
- Make the espresso according to the package or in an espresso machine.
- While the espresso is brewing, if you are adding strawberries, slice them into fourths then add the strawberries to the bottom of the iced latte glass. Muddle or mash them with a muddler or the back of a spoon.
- Add ice to the glass and fill it to the brim. Add in milk, then simple syrup.
- Add in espresso and mix well. You can garnish the rim with a strawberry!