This Everything But the Bagel Dip is made in less than 5 minutes with just 3 ingredients! No need to buy the premade version at your local Trader Joe's anymore. This homemade version is equally creamy and delicious, plus can be made dairy-free and vegan, too!
If you've been around for an length of time, you'll know that making delicious dips happens to be my specialty. Although I LOVE my savory Creamy Vegan Buffalo Dip, Vegan Jalapeno Popper Dip, and Vegan Four Layer Dip, this Everything But the Bagel Dip has become a strong competitor as my favorite dip!
It's creamy, tangy, perfectly seasoned and has certainly earned a spot on The Best 20 Dairy Free Dip Recipes (vegan).
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Just 3 ingredients! The only thing I love more than dips is dips that are unbelievably easy to make on a moments notice. If you're a novice chef or new to hosting, this type of appetizer is the perfect place to start.
- Fool-proof. In addition to being made with simple ingredients, this recipe is practically impossible to mess up. Become the hostess with the mostest without any effort at all.
- Trader Joe's copycat! If you've tried Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Greek Style Yogurt Dip, I think you'll find this homemade version is more flavorful and creamy. Plus it can be made 100% dairy free and vegan, if needed!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Sour cream - Either vegan or regular sour cream will work. Vegan sour creams are typically on the thinner side and should be chilled for the full 24 hours to make it the best texture possible.
- Cream cheese - Again, either vegan or regular cream cheese will work here. If you'd like an extra fluffy dip, use a whipped cream cheese.
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning - I always buy this pre-mixed version, but if needed or preferred, make it at home with this simple Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe. All you need is 6 simple seeds and spices.
Step by Step Instructions
- Add ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Add Everything But the Bagel seasoning, sour cream and cream cheese into the food processor. Process until smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
- Chill for 24 hours. Transfer the smooth dip to an airtight container and refrigerate for 5-24 hours (24 hours is best!).
- Serve. The next day, transfer the chilled dip to a serving bowl and garnish with additional Everything But the Bagel seasoning, or as desired.
This dip will store well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freezing is not recommended - dips made with non-dairy and dairy sour cream and cream cheese is likely to separate once frozen. This will cause the texture to change and can potentially make it grainy.
Since this dip is so easy to make, it is best to just make it fresh!
Time Saving Hacks
Because this dip stores well for days, make it ahead of your occasion to save time!
Everything But the Bagel Dip makes a great easy appetizer for hosting, bringing to potlucks, or serving for the holidays! Here are some of my favorite dippers to serve with:
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- bell peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- tortilla chips
- pita or other breads
- pretzels or bagel chips
You can also try it as a delicious, creamy sandwich or wrap spread. Or serve with some of my other Easy Appetizer Ideas for the ultimate party spread.
This popular seasoning is made with poppy seeds, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion flakes, and sea salt. This is the same seasoning that coats the outside of an everything bagel!
Thankfully there are several vegan cream cheese brands on the market today making it easy to substitute for cream cheese in home cooking. For this dip recipe, feel free to use your favorite vegan cream cheese - I love the brands Tofutti and Trader Joe's. Or, make your own homemade vegan cream cheese from ingredients like cashews or tofu.
I typically purchase mine from Trader Joe's, but there are several other pre-mixed blends made by other brands. If you do not have a Trader Joe's near you, search for options from brands like The Spice Lab, McCormick, or Wishful Everything.
Tips for Success
- Soften the cream cheese. Allowing the cream cheese to soften slightly before processing in the food processor will help it blend easily with the sour cream and make the dip lighter and fluffier.
- Use full fat sour cream and cream cheese. Lower fat versions can be on the runny side and will make your dip thin. For the best thick and creamy dip, opt for the full fat versions! This dip is meant to be decadent and indulgent.
More Easy Appetizers You May Love
If you make this recipe, I would absolutely love for you to leave a rating and review.
5 minute Everything But The Bagel Dip (dairy free)
- 1 Food Processor or high speed blender
- 16 oz sour cream dairy free (I like tofutti)
- 8 oz cream cheese dairy free (I like tofutti or Trader Joe's)
- ¼ cup Everything but the Bagel (EBTB) seasoning plus more for topping
- Add EBTB seasoning, sour cream and cream cheese into a food processor and process until smooth (approx 30-60 seconds).
- Remove from food processor and place in a bowl or sealable container. You can serve this dip right away, but it is best when refrigerated for 5-24 hours.
- Sprinkle extra EBTB seasoning on top before serving + serve with veggies, chips or crackers. It is also great on sandwiches.
Leave a Reply