This warm jalapeno popper dip is made extra creamy and rich with vegan cream cheese and fresh jalapenos! It is perfect for football games, picnics and a movie night in. Made in under 30 minutes, enjoy it with tortilla chips, veggie and so much more!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- One Bowl. All of the ingredients for this recipe are combined into one bowl then mixed! I like to use a hand mixer to ensure all of the ingredients are fully mixed in. No need for extra mess and a long time at the sink!
- Great for hosting. There is nothing guests enjoy more than a delicious dip with an array of dippers to choose from. If you want to serve a mix of dips alongside this one, try one of The Best 20 Dairy Free Dip Recipes (vegan).
- Simple + Quick! This vegan jalapeno popper dip takes less than 10 minutes to prep and less than 20 minutes to bake, making it a great dip for a busy hostess!
Fresh Jalapenos. Jalapenos are the stars of this recipe and give it its kick! Use fresh jalapenos to ensure they are full of flavor. Pickled jalapenos will not have the same amount of heat. If you have any leftover, use them in my Spicy Peach Salsa or my Jalapeno Strawberry Margarita.
Dairy free cheeses. Vegan Parmesan and Vegan Cheddar are both used in this recipe. I like to use a couple of different shredded and grated cheeses for optimal flavor. Daiya and Miyoko's are both gluten free brands of dairy free cheese to try.
Vegan Cream Cheese. Vegan cream cheese is the base of this recipe, and makes it extremely creamy. I like Trader Joe's brand or Tofutti, which is sold as most supermarkets.
Vegan Mayo. I like to make my own vegan mayo, but there are many great brands such as Chosen or Follow Your Heart.
Breadcrumbs. Bread crumbs as a nice crispy top! You can also use a ritz crackers or gluten free bread crumbs.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: First, slice the jalapeno in half then remove the seeds carefully. You may want to wear gloves for this. Then, chop the jalapeno into bite size pieces, about the size of a tic-tac, and mix the garlic.
Step 2: Add all of the ingredients, other than the bread crumbs, into a mixing bowl or in the casserole dish and mix it well. I personally like to mix with my kitchen aid, but if you prefer less mess, mix it right in your casserole dish!
Step 3: If you did not mix directly in your casserole dish, pour the dip into the dish. Smooth the jalapeno dip so the top is completely level. I like to use a spatula for this.
Step 4: Add bread crumbs directly on top of the dip.
Step 5: Place the dip into the oven and bake it for 13-16 minutes, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the dip is bubbling. Because this dip uses vegan cheese, it may not melt, but the cream cheese should still bubble.
STORING + REHEATING
This dip will store well in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place it in the microwave and gently reheat it on low for 2-3 minutes, until the dip is bubbling. You can also place it back into the oven in a baking dish and heat it at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
I do not recommend it. Because vegan cheese re-heats poorly after it is frozen, the texture and taste will be off.
Yes, gently heat it up in a microwavable dish on low for up to 3 minutes. Once the dip is bubbling, it is ready!
Cut them into bite-size pieces, much like a tic-tac. Any bigger and they will overpower the dip!
- Use room temperature cream cheese. Room temperature cream cheese is easier to mix. If you are short on time, place the cream cheese on a microwavable dish and microwave it on low for 15 seconds.
- Cut the jalapeno into bite size pieces. If the pieces are too large, they will overpower a bite! Cut your jalapenos into the size of a tic-tac or chocolate chip.
MORE DIP RECIPES
Vegan Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Casserole Dish (6x6)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced (approx 2 cloves)
- ¼ cup jalapeno peppers, diced (approx 3-4 small peppers)
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup vegan parmesan
- ½ cup vegan cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chives optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the jalapeno in half and remove the seeds. Then, cut it into bite-size pieces, much like a tic-tac or chocolate chip. Then, mince the garlic.
- Add all ingredients, other than chives and breadcrumbs, into a medium sized mixing bowl or into your 6x6 casserole dish. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- If you mixed in a dish that was not your casserole dish, pour into a casserole dish and use a spatula or the back of a spoon to make it level.
- Top the entire top of the dip with the bread crumbs, covering it completely.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are golden brown on top and the dip is bubbling. Note, because it is vegan cheese, it may not look fully melted.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, veggies or pita!