Skip the line and make this Copycat Starbucks Iced Vanilla Blonde Latte at home! Made with four simple ingredients, it is perfect way to start a hot summer day or anytime you need a pick me up! Make this delicious Starbuck's inspired favorite in less than 5 minutes with three simple steps.
If you know me, you know I am a caffeine addict. I am always want to find a new way to enjoy my caffeine boost. I enjoy a whole variety of caffeine, whether its tea, coffee, cold brew or matcha.
I was intrigued and excited to try the new blonde espresso in starbucks iced blonde vanilla latte and once I did, I knew I needed to make my own. This creamy coffee recipe is such a wonderful mid-day pick me up or a nice way to start the morning.
If you are a fan of making Starbucks recipes, try my dairy free cold foam made with oat milk and coconut cream or my pumpkin cold foam, which is perfect for warm days in the fall. If you are a fan of homemade coffees, make my creamy DIY oat milk coffee creamer.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy to make. Luckily it is super easy to learn how to make this iced vanilla latte recipe! Whether you use store-bought vanilla syrup or homemade vanilla syrup, you will be amazed at how quickly it comes together.
- Customizable. Make this blonde vanilla latte recipe as sweet as you'd like! You have complete control over how much simple syrup you add. For a sweet drink, I recommend add an extra tbsp of vanilla simple syrup.
- Cheaper than the coffee shop! I am a big fan of a Starbucks copycat recipe because they have all the taste without the hefty price tag. A Starbucks iced vanilla latte at my local one will cost me well over $5. This one will run you under $1.00 per serving! It is the perfect drink to start your morning at a fraction of the price at Starbucks.
INGREDIENT NOTES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Milk. You can make this latte with your choice of milk. I like to use a plant-based milk option, such as almond milk or soy milk. If you prefer a creamy milk, I recommend using coconut milk or Barista blend oat milk, as they are usually the creamiest. Of course, you can also use whole milk, skim milk or nonfat milk.
- Blonde Roast Espresso. Blonde Roast Espresso is necessary for this recipe to be an exact copycat. Starbucks sell their own, or you can find other brands on amazon. Blonde espresso roast is lighter than regular espresso, but has just as much caffeine, if not more, as a regular espresso shot! It has a mild flavor compared to regular espresso and is perfect for a latte. Use any leftover to make my iced oat milk latte!
- Vanilla Syrup. I like to make my own vanilla syrup, but you can also use a store bought vanilla syrup if you prefer or even sugar-free vanilla syrup. The vanilla syrup is what gives this iced latte its flavor and takes it to the next level, so it is important to not skip out on it!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Make the light roast espresso. Whether you are using an espresso machine or making it on the stove top, this is the first step to making your latte. If you are using the stove top method, make sure not to burn your espresso by keeping on eye on it. If it does burn, I recommend starting over so it does not have a bitter taste.
Step 2. Add Ice. Add in regular ice cubes to ensure the entire drink it chilled.
Step 3. Make the Iced Vanilla Blonde Latte. Add whichever milk you prefer into a tall glass. You can froth the milk if you'd like but it is not necessary since it is iced. Then add in the vanilla syrup and a shot of espresso and give it a good mix! Do not worry about cooling down the espresso; the added ice will cool it down in the glass. If you want, you can add a little bit of cinnamon or vanilla powder on top too!
If you cannot finish your entire iced vanilla latte starbucks drink, remove the ice and place it in the fridge for up to 4 hours. If you do not remove the ice, it will become watered down, affecting the overall taste.
TIME SAVING HACKS
To save on time, make the espresso beforehand and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. This will allow you to make the latte in less time, especially during a busy morning. Give it a good mix being adding it into the this Copycat Starbucks Iced Vanilla Blonde Latte.
Blonde espresso roast is lighter than regular espresso, but has just as much caffeine, if not more, as a regular espresso shot!
Starbucks Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte has frothed milk of your choice, a shot of blonde espresso and vanilla simple syrup.
- Customize to your liking. A great way to ensure your latte is exactly how you like it is by customizing it! If you prefer a stronger latte, add in one or two extra espresso shots. If you prefer a sweeter drink, add in extra vanilla syrup.
- Use Blonde Espresso Beans. Blonde espresso beans give the latte a milder flavor, while still having a great caffeine boost!
MORE COFFEE RECIPES
Copycat Starbucks Iced Vanilla Blonde Latte (Easy)
- 1 cup milk I use oat or almond milk
- 1 oz blonde roast espresso* see notes
- 1 tbsp vanilla syrup** see notes
- Brew the blonde roast espresso according to the package.
- Add ice to a tall glass. Then, add in the milk, espresso and vanilla syrup. Mix until fully combined!
Leave a Reply