Enjoy a cup of hot coffee with this DIY oat milk coffee creamer. Made with four simple ingredients, this rich oat cream takes under 5 minutes to make, with only one step, and tastes even better than store-bought dairy-free coffee creamers. It is so creamy, you will not believe its vegan!
If you have been around here for a while, you know I am a caffeine girl. I love a good latte made with plant based milks, like iced oat milk matcha latte or my strawberry oat milk latte, as well as a good cold foam, like my dairy free cold foam. I am, however, a purest at heart and find myself making coffee more than lattes. What can I say? I love the coffee taste and may have a slight coffee addiction.
When I want to add a little special treat to my morning cup of coffee, I grab a coffee creamer! Making my own oat milk coffee creamer has been a game changer. It is rich, has a creamy texture and so customizable for every season! Plus, I know exactly what is going into this budget-friendly creamer. Whether you are lactose intolerant, vegan or just an oat milk lover, this easy recipe is a great addition to your coffee.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Made with simple ingredients. Despite the decadence, this oat milk creamer recipe are made with just 4 simple ingredients, including sweet maple syrup and warm cinnamon. You likely have everything you need in your pantry right now.
- One quick step. I love a simple recipe and this is it! All you need to do is add all the ingredients into a mason jar and shake or mix it. No need to make your own oat milk or do any special procedures for this! Efficiency is key when it comes to making a cup of coffee in the morning, and this recipe is as efficient as it can be.
- Equally as creamy as dairy milk creamer. Oat milk is the creamiest non-dairy milks, and is just as thick and creamy as whole milk. No need to miss out on delicious flavor when making homemade oat milk creamer.
- No slime. Sometimes, when making oat milk creamer from scratch, the oats can cause it to be slimy. Because this recipe is made with pre-made oat milk, it is not slimy at all!
INGREDIENT NOTES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Oat Milk- Use a high quality barista blend oat milk, like Wilas (which has no oils) or Oatley (which does contain canola oil). The barista blend will ensure it is ultra creamy and similar to regular milk. I recommend using a unsweetened plain or unsweetened vanilla. If you do need to use a sweetened version, adjust the maple syrup accordingly. You can also make your own oat milk. If you have any left over oat milk, make my tiramisu overnight oats! If, for any reason, you cannot find oat milk, coconut milk is a close second and can be used at a 1-1 ratio.
Maple Syrup- While oat milk is on the sweeter side already, I do like to sweeten it up a little bit more to be as similar as possible to the store bought version! To keep it refined sugar free, I recommend adding one full tablespoon of maple syrup, agave or honey, if not vegan, or any other liquid sweetener. You can adjust to add more if you enjoy an even sweeter cup of joe! You can also substitute with cane sugar or brown sugar - I suggest starting with one teaspoon and adjusting to taste.
Cinnamon- Cinnamon adds a little spice and warmth! You can certainly omit it if you do not have it on hand or use nutmeg or allspice in its place.
Vanilla Extract- Even if you use a vanilla oat milk, I highly recommend adding in vanilla extract for extra flavor.
Extra add ons- The best part of making oat milk creamer at home is you can customize them to taste and to the season. In addition to vanilla extract, try dash of nutmeg, pumpkin spice, lavender, sea salt or turmeric to take this delicious oat milk creamer to the next level.
Different Flavors- You can also add in 1-2 tbsp of strawberry simple syrup, apple spice simple syrup, pumpkin spice simple syrup or vanilla simple syrup - just make sure to omit or adjust the maple syrup accordingly!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Add all of the ingredients (the oat milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla) into a mason glass jar or bottle with a lid, such as a stainless steel water bottle, and give it a good stir! You can also use a frother if you prefer or a whisk. If you really want to make sure it is mixed, you can pop it in a high-speed blender! No need for a nut milk bag or anything else. When you are ready to use it, give it a quick shake and then froth for a thicker consistency then add it into your coffee to enjoy.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
This homemade oat milk coffee creamer recipe is stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days in an airtight container, such as a mason jar or even a stainless steel water bottle. Because oat milk can naturally separate and because of the cinnamon, give it a good shake to ensure all of the ingredients are equally distributed before using it.
If you prefer to heat this DIY oat milk creamer, gently heat it in the microwave at 15 second bursts or on a stove top for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Do not allow it to burn or it will affect the taste and flavor.
WAYS TO USE IT
This vegan oat milk coffee creamer does not just work perfectly in hot coffee, but it also is wonderful in so much more! I like to use this vegan creamer as the milk base in my iced latte. I also add a splash into my iced coffee and hot chocolate for an extra creamy consistency. You can also use it in place of the milk recipes that are on the sweeter side, like my protein overnight oats.
Yes, you can use a plant based milk other than oat milk, but oat milk is one of the creamier ones, so it will not be as creamy as a normal dairy coffee creamer. I suggest using full fat coconut milk in place of it.
Certainly. Oat milk is extremely creamy and is a great alternative coffee creamer. It is, however, not as sweet as normal coffee creamer, so follow this recipe to add in the sweetness and flavor.
- Use barista blend oat milk. Barista blend oat milk will provide a creamy, frothy flavor, which is perfect for a coffee creamer!
- Shake before using. Because this makes makes a larger batch that is good for up to a week, give it a good shake before using.
MORE COFFEE RECIPES
DIY Oat Milk Coffee Creamer Recipe (1 step, 4 ingredients)
- 2 cups Oat Milk use barista blend for best results
- 2-3 tbsp Maple Syrup adjust to your taste buds
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a mason jar or any jar with a lid and shake well.
- When you are ready to use it, give it a quick shake then add it into your coffee to enjoy. You can also froth it to make it thicker before adding it to coffee.
Leave a Reply