Jalapeno Peach Salsa
Salsa is a staple in my household. Whether its being used on top of tacos, mixed into burrito bowls or just being paired with tortillas. In fact, we often use salsa as a cleaner, healthier dressing alternative.
While the traditional tomato, pepper based salsa is of course a favorite, we love mixing it up and creating salsa for every season (just like Sangria, right?). Peaches are in season right now in CT, and, while we have tried pineapple salsa, as well as mango salsa, we had not explored the realms of peach salsa.
Sweeter salsas can be hit or miss for me. Sometimes they are much too sweet for my liking. This salsa, however, is the perfect combination of sweet, spicy and savory. Plus, it is the perfect healthy summer treat! For all you peach lovers out there, this is the salsa for you.
So, lets get this peach fiesta started!
- 2 tbs of cilantro, chopped;
- 1 ¼ cups of firm peaches, diced (approx 1.5 peaches);
- 2 tbsp of red onion, diced;
- ½ - 1 whole jalapeno (depending on desired spice), diced;
- 2 tbsp of lime juice;
- 2 tbsp of avocado, cut into small chunks;
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced into fourths;
- 2 tbsp of fresh corn;
- 3 tbsp of black beans;
- 2 tbsp of red or purple peppers;
- 1 clove of garlic, minced;
- ½ tsp of salt; and
- ½ tsp of black pepper.
Directions: Combined all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Toss well so all ingredients are mixed. Enjoy on top of vegan and non vegan tacos, burrito bowls or with tortilla chips!